Monday, November 17, 2008

Trusting...knowing...showing and loving

God has wonderfully blessed our family. My husband has sacrificed many things to give our family the life that God intended for us. Because of our determination to raise our children in the ways of the Lord, we have had to make several decisions that have not been "easy." One particular "not so popular" decision we made was homeschooling. It has been trying and nerve-racking at times, but it has also been very rewarding. Because we are not distracted by outside "peers" and activities, God teaches us very valuable lessons. We pray, God answers. We ask, He gives. We obey, He blesses. It's really simple. God's not at all complicated as some think, but He does not compete with distractions. I've taught my children that God likes the game, hide and seek. God seems to be hiding in this world...but if you will diligently seek Him...you will find Him. Once you find Him...the game continues...and each time you seek Him...He reveals more of Himself to you.

Today, God gave us a wonderful example. Somehow, Joseph lost one of his shoes. We turned our house upside down looking for his shoe. Usually Rebekah finds everything for us...she's very gifted in that sense. Even she couldn't find this shoe. We all had given up! Where could it be?

A really strange noise came from Joseph's keyboard in his room. I went in there to turn it off b/c it was somewhat irritating to me. When I walked into his room, I saw his one lonely shoe sitting on the floor. I asked God to "show" me...not tell me...but show me where to find his lost shoe. The crazy keyboard kept playing and as I reached for it, I knocked it over. I bent over to catch it and what do you think caught my eye??? Yep...the lost shoe. It was in a spot that everyone had looked at. How did we miss that? It just goes to show, no matter how large or small the problem, God is able and willing to help. Face it, we were not created to do things on our own. We were created for fellowship with our Father. He wants to be involved in the simple tasks as much as the complicated issues that occur in our lives. Do you think that this was mere coincidence? I don't. Why...because wisdom comes from acknowledging God in all his ways. David gave Solomon instructions before he passed on. He gave Solomon instructions, but the one David spoke to Solomon that really spoke to my heart was acknowledging God's ways. Solomon was wise in his young age but as he grew old, he departed from that wonderful wisdom. Solomon compromised God's ways, adapted to the paganistic culture and his kingdom fell apart. After Solomon's death, his son, Rehobaum, lost the empire and divided the kingdom. Think about this...what does this sound like? America was founded on God's principles and ways. This country was shaped by Biblical principles and prospered. America has slowly forgotten God...failed to acknowledge Him...allowed cultures to shape our principles...and now whether you like it or not...is becoming a divided nation! I think there's an important key here. WE NEED GOD! So...I don't see any coincidence in finding the shoe. I asked God to show me and immediately He did. Very simple...and as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!

No comments: